Kathleen Tatlow (Nee Roney)
Specialist Shoulder Physiotherapist
Kathleen has experience in Shoulder Rehabilitation with a special interest in Atraumatic Shoulder Instability and Shoulder Dislocations .
Kathleen has developed Patient Information leaflets on the common Shoulder conditions.
She has established and runs the regular Post-Operative Follow-Up Clinics and Complex Instability clinics.
Kathleen also specialises in Frozen Shoulder treatment, particularly following Capsular Release surgery . She has established and runs bi-weekly Shoulder Classes , which has proven to be of great benefit for patients.
Kathleen was awarded the British Elbow & Shoulder Society AHP Travelling Fellowship 2004 , which has allowed her to travel to centres around Europe and expand her knowledge and skills in Shoulder & Elbow therapy.
She also lectures internationally and nationally on shoulder rehabilitation, particularly shoulder instability and scapula rehabilitation.
Kathleen can be contacted directly via Manchester Shoulder Clinic
I qualified in 1993 and having completed 2 years on general rotation I specialised in Musculoskeletal in 1995. Since 2002 I have sub-specialised in Shoulders. Developing an expertise in the assesment and rehabilitation of the shoulder and in particular those with complex shoulder instability.
During my time with Mr Funk at Hope Hospital Salford I have developed the following : Patient information leaflets following surgery:
- Shoulder classes for patients following Capsular realease
- Multidisciplinary Instability Clinics
- Post-operative Clinics
- Comprehensive training packages for physiotherapy colleagues as well as medical students and other professional groups.
- Post operative protocols
I provide a 2nd opinion service on complicated shoulder patients within Hope Hospital, and on the occasion at different hospitals.
In the private sector I have treated professional sports people at both local and national levels in rugby, swimming and volleyball.
2004 Awarded the BESS (British Elbow and Shoulder Society) Fellowship for Allied Health Professionals.
- This allowed me to spend time at the centres of excellence within the United Kingdom and discuss and share current concepts on classification of Instability, Outcome measures as well treatment techniques. A lot of this information has been incorporated into my everyday practice.
- Manchester; DONJOY training day on External Rotation Splint in Management of Dislocation.
- Oxford; BESS annual meeting
- Manchester; North West Upper Limb meeting, "Role of Shoulder Classes."
- India Bangalore; 1st Indian International Shoulder course, "The Role of Physiotherapy in Shoulder Management" and a workshop for physiotherapists based on rehab for the lax/unstable shoulder.